Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Year In Review

This past weekend Brent and I celebrated the one year anniversary from the day we said "I do." To commemorate this milestone we planned a long weekend away up North in Muskoka at The Rosseau. It was a beautifully relaxing (and much needed) vacation away from the craziness of our every day lives and a chance for us to spend some quality Renee and Brent time.

While on vacation we exhanged our gifts to one another. We decided a few months ago that we would stick with the traditional anniversary gifts (year one: paper). Brent proved (yet again) to be a super observant husband when he surprised me Sunday with incredible tickets to see Wicked in November! I've been wanting to see it since it's last Toronto engagement and he was obviously paying attention! For Brent's gift, I knew how much he wanted to golf at Grey Silo here in Waterloo, so I surprised him with a round. His reaction was equally as awesome as mine.

One other tradition we decided to start was inspired by one of my favourite blogger couples: John and Sherry at Young House Love. Each anniversary they take a picture together that displays the year they're celebrating and then display the collection in their home. When I mentioned the idea to Brent I half expected him to give me the cute-but-not-happening look, but to my surprise he was all for it! So, on the terrace of our suite at the JW this past weekend, we took our first photograph of the collection honoring our anniversary:



Our first year of marriage has been incredible. We've purchased (and moved into) our first home, taken a few trips to great spots like here and here and (Brent) started a new job. With all of the adventures we've had over the past 12 months, I can't wait to see what the next 12 are going to bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment