Tuesday, November 16, 2010

All Dogs Go To Heaven...

...and last night our family dog Daisy got to go too.

I woke up this morning to the news that my mom and step dad had put Daisy down last night. On Sunday my step dad brought her to the emergency animal hospital, not sure of what was wrong but knew there was definitely a problem, as she wasn't her usual tail-wagging, face-kissing, crooning-at-the-squirrels self. Turns out her little puppy kidneys were failing and the outlook wasn't good. I'll spare you any details, but after a night of treatments she wasn't doing any better. Last night my sister, mom and step dad went to hold her giant bear-sized paws and say goodbye.

Just a couple of my favourite photos of the pup:


At my bridal shower, summer 2009.


Christmas 2008.

You were a good dog, Daisy. I'm going to miss walking up to the house and seeing you waiting for us in the window. I hope you're having a blast in doggy heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment