Friday, January 28, 2011

Keep Calm and Have a Cupcake...

...or three. My sister Joanna is coming up for a much needed girls weekend, and we're going to do all sorts of girly things, like watch movies, read magazines, drink margaritas and bake (we are both addicted to all things culinary). My nephew, Bentley is turning one tomorrow and I offered to make some cupcakes for the party on Sunday. My sister Hayley happily accepted, and I have been trying to decide what flavours to make for the past week! I have it narrowed down to three.

Listed in order of priority:
1. Chocolate Graham Cracker Cupcakes with Toasted Marshmallow Frosting
2. Vanilla Cupcakes with Lemon Filling and Meringue Frosting
3. Espresso Fudge Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing

I'd like to make at least two varieties to bring to the party, but if one turns out better than the other I might just bring all of the good variety (cupcakes to be scored by professional judge, Mr. Brent Carpenter).

I'll be back with photos and the verdict from the cupcake "challenge" on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment