Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Time to Get Artsy

I'll be honest, I am not artistic. Creative, but not artistic. When God gave me my talents he skipped right over the A's and started with B- bargain finder. Sure I can whip up a DIY project with the best of 'em, but when it comes to designing pieces to hang in our home for years to come, I leave that to the pros. So when John and Sherry over at Young House Love first mentioned these destination prints by Jen at The House Of Wood in a post of theirs, I immediately thought of how cool it would be to hang one or a few of these prints in our home.

While any combination of the prints would be great, I wanted them to mean something to the both of us. When I saw the Boston print and that she also offered custom design work, I knew having a Boston and a Charlottesville print hanging above our new, soon-to-be-built desk to honor the cities where we each attended college would be perfect. Well ladies and gentlemen, today my proof for the Cville print popped into my inbox, and in a few short weeks both of these beauties will be hanging in our new work/home office area.

How awesome are these?

Boston Destination Print, House of Wood

Charlottesville/UVA-inspired Custom Destination Print, House of Wood

And yes I mentioned new home office area. We're moving our computer workstation/office from the third bedroom into the second floor family room/den. Brent and I are off to our local Habitat Re-Store this weekend to find a hollow door so we can get started building our desk for the area, inspired by this post from none other than John and Sherry at Young House Love.

One of my goals for the New Year is to take more time to blog and document our home improvements, so I'll be sure to post progress pics of the family room!

No comments:

Post a Comment